I took the girls on our first hotel stay last weekend. We were in Salinas for three days and three nights. We stayed at a Residence Inn with an indoor heated pool.
Breakfast at IHOP
Emma slept through most of breakfast, but since she can't eat pancakes yet, she didn't seem to mind. ;-)
Picking up some groceries for the room - this was Emma's first time sitting in the cart without her carrier. She was quite interested and excited about this new mode of transportation.
Back in the room we got ready for the main attraction, the POOL!
Ella loves her tutu bathing suit and pink life vest.
Emma in her spring form float... one of the best baby inventions ever! It's super stable on the water and Emma loves floating and kicking around in it. It has a sun screen that I can attach when we're swimming outside.
I brought just the right amount of activities for Ella to pass some down time in the room. She's really enjoying coloring these days.
I'm not sure why the cushions had to be off the couch, but apparently it was critical to the action scene between Cinderella and Flint Ryder.
A trip to Chuck E. Cheese! Ella spotted this Chuck E. Cheese the night we drove in, so of course, we had to add it to our to do list.
There were a few moments of chaos here and there during the trip (mostly during the arrival at the hotel and the packing up to go home portions of the trip). However, we did manage to have a great time and I got to spend a lot of focused one on one / one on two time with the girls without nagging chores and all the extra distractions that we've had over the past three weeks. I'm so glad I decided to take the time away.












No comments:
Post a Comment