We took the girls to the tide pools at Moss Beach just north of Half Moon Bay today. The weather was great and I checked to make sure we'd be there during low tide.
Ella always gets excited about trips to the "ocean", but this was something new for her to be able to explore the little crevices and creatures that live in them.
She wasn't too sure about touching at first, but then warmed up to the experience and was ready to check things out.
Emma and I were there too, of course. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to safely walk out on the rocks with Emma, but they weren't very slippery at all with all the growth on them so I just took it slow and was very careful.
One of Ella's favorite pass times, throwing rocks into the water. :-)
Couldn't talk her out of the paci today. I think she was still tired since I had to wake her to make the low tide.
Daddy and Ella found some interesting things, like a shark tooth and a crab arm complete with pincher. :-)
Harbor Seals soaking up the sun
The cones and signs are set up to tell you to keep your distance from the seals. It's a protected area for them.














No comments:
Post a Comment