Joy did this last month on her blog and it sounded like a fun idea. I thought mine would be pretty mundane with diaper changes, bottle washing, and picking up toys, but I'm surprised to see how it turned out. The idea is to take a photo of whatever you're doing or wherever you are on the hour for ten hours on the 10th of the month. I was actually able to remember each hour and to take the photos within a minute or two of each hour.
8:00 AM - Playing with Emma on her new Ikea play mat while Ella sleeps
9:00 AM - Making a pony tail for Ella
10:00 AM - Arriving at Ella's "make-up" dance class (she missed a class last week because we were all sick)
11:00 AM - Eating lunch at Togos
12:00 PM - Picking up a Latte and some Madelines at a Starbucks drive-thru
1:00 PM - Grocery shopping at Safeway while Emma naps in the carrier on the cart
2:00 PM - Watching and talking to baby Emma while she "tastes" her toes :-)
3:00 PM - Hand washing Ella's dance leotards and tights
4:00 PM - Helping Ella put her doll down for a nap just like baby Emma :-)
5:00 PM - Cooking dinner and no, I'm not this good of a cook. It's P.F. Chang's new frozen entrees. :-)
5:00 PM - Cooking dinner and no, I'm not this good of a cook. It's P.F. Chang's new frozen entrees. :-)
Looking through these photos made me realize how sometimes it's easier to remember the stressful or difficult parts of the day and not realize how many great moments there really are. I'm reminded of how fortunate I am to be a "stay at home" mom who is able to focus on her children so much of the day and how wonderful our days really are. Looking forward to doing this next month too. :-)










3 comments:
Yay--what fun! I loved it! I'm doing it today, too, but haven't finished yet. You had lots of great moments...so glad you did it!
i'm totally going to do this!! how fun!!
next month. since i just realized today is the 10th of february :)
Post a Comment