Monday, November 1, 2010

Our Halloween

 Carving the pumpkin with Daddy! Ella picked the template.

Ella's turn to try

 The finished pumpkin

 Ready for Trick-or-Treating! We hadn't planned on taking Ella out this year, but she's been so excited about the Halloween decorations and was even going around the house holding a little pail and saying "trick-or-treat" (think she picked that up from the Charlie Brown special). So, we thought we'd better take her out afterall.

 All set to go Trick-or-Treating!

 I came along too since this was a first for Ella and I decided I'd rather miss our trick-or-treaters than miss her first trick-or-treating. We left a big bowl of candy out for the kids who came to our house.

 First stop! She loved finding and ringing people's door bells and she would say "trick-or-treat" before they opened the door right after ringing the bell. :-) She got lots of compliments on her beautiful Cinderella costume!

 Wow! Candy!!!

She had a great time, but got tired toward the end (around 7:45/8 PM). She was walking kind of slow from the beginning, I think her shoes were a bit difficult to walk in. Also, her candy bucket was getting heavier and heavier and she wouldn't let daddy or I touch it, so we couldn't even lighten it by transfering some of the candy to a bag we had. :-) Then as we were making our way back to our neighborhood she started to just randomly call out "TrIcK-oR-tReAt" in a loud, tired voice that almost sounded possessed. LOL! At that point, I knew we were done and just picked her up and carried her the rest of the way home.





No comments: