Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ella's Rapunzel Birthday Party

Ella had her 4th birthday party today. She asked for a Rapunzel theme and if Rapunzel could come to her party. I found a company in Raleigh that has princess entertainers and they sent us a wonderful Rapunzel!

I had planned to put more streamers on our porch, but it was so windy I wasn't sure they'd stay put. The birthday banner worked the best.

Note the "floating lanterns", they have little lights in them. There's a picture at the end of this post of them lit up at night.

I found some small frying pans (another prominent item from the movie) and used them on the table to hold cookies.

Lavender frosted cupcakes with little flower and pink pearl candies. Lavender was a challenging color to get right. Under certain lights it looked too grey until I added enough red. The girls loved them, so at least they tasted good. :-)

Lots of pink, lavender, and yellow...





Rapunzel's arrival!!!




Making princess crowns


Even Emma got to participate in the fun. :-)

Make-up!



Showing Daddy her make-up

Emma, looking cute

Getting hand tattoos


Flower hair clips...

and bracelets 

Reading Rapunzel's story





 Talking to Rapunzel about her story











Here are the lanterns with most of our lights off in the house. Ella loves them!

4 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Your Ella is simply beautiful and looks just like you did when you were little. Where does the time go? Loved seeing your home and family.
Hugs, Noreen

Anonymous said...

Looks like the girls had a lot of fun. So sorry we couldn't make it :( See you soon - Chrissie

Joyful said...

Aw, how fun! I bet the girls were so excited. I love those lanterns--where did you find them? What a fun party!

Crystie said...

It was a fun party! Ella kept saying afterwards that she had so much fun. :-) I got the lanterns from http://www.lunabazaar.com/ . They're really cute and perfect for the Tangled theme.