Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mommy and Big Girl Day

Now that Emma is here my attention is almost always divided between the two girls and sometimes I miss the individual time I once had with Ella. Sead offered me some "time away" and I said what I'd most like is some one-on-one time with Ella. So, Ella and I had our first Mommy & Big Girl outing today.
We started with lunch at Togos, one of Ella's favorite places to eat.



 Then we went to Color Me Mine to paint ceramics. Ella chose a kitty figurine and I chose a spoon rest.

 Painting together

Helping Mama paint the spoon rest



 Painting complete, now they will be fired in a kiln and we can pick them up next Tuesday.

 Ella and I finished our outing with ice cream at 31 Flavors. Ella got her first clown cone.

We spent about 2 1/2 hours out while Daddy took care of Emma at home. It was so nice to have one-on-one time with one of my most favorite people in the world!

2 comments:

Meaghann said...

sounds like a great afternoon! Awesome that you took it!

Joyful said...

What a fun mommy and me date! I'm glad you got some time alone with Ella. I'm sure it was much needed!